24th to the 26th of July, 2015. An international forum and exhibition on eco-production and tourism in the Carpathians "Eco-Expo Carpathians - 2015" was held in the Carpathian region in the touristic City of Yaremche.
The event was held as part of the cross-border project "The Creation of a Network of First Contact Centers in Ukraine", which was implemented by support of the European Union within the framework of the Cross-Border Cooperation ENPI "Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine 2007-2013".
Planned activities were carried out in two stages. In the first two days participants from Ukraine and Slovakia were able to attend the conference, presentations and professional discussions conducted at the Hotel "Carpathian Dawn" in Yaremche.
On the 26th of July, all events were held in the central part of Yaremche as part of the Eco-Production Fair. This year, Eco-Expo Carpathians was conducted while celebrating the City of Yaremche, which provided additional attention to the community and increased the number of visitors at the Fair.
The main purpose of the event was to set up economic bridges between target regions of Slovakia - Prešov and Kosice regions, and Ukraine - Transcarpathia and Carpathian regions. As a result of the events, entrepreneurs were given the opportunity to present their products and establish contacts with foreign and Ukrainian partners.
Presenting a positive image of Ukraine among entrepreneurs, the public and Slovakia allowed the opportunity to:
- Introduce Ukrainian and Slovakian eco-friendly producers and companies operating in tourism;
- Present tourism and recreational potential in target border regions of Ukraine and Slovakia.
Target groups, which attended the event:
- Producers of natural and environmentally friendly products and eco-technologies;
- Health centers, hotels and property owners;
- Travel agencies and companies that provide services in the field of tourism;
- Craftsmen and masters of folk art;
- Regional and local media from the three regions;
- NGOs working in the field of tourism and ecology;
- Specialized departments of local and regional authorities.
During the event, entrepreneurs were given opportunities for networking, establishing new partnerships, presenting their products to consumers and establishing new markets.
The event was covered by the media in Ukraine and Slovakia.